- Mono (est. 2015)
- Mono is an interface design company. We help shape the experience of digital products. I founded Mono together with my partner Xavier Bertels. We are currently building the team and working on a ton of interesting projects.
- Bedrock (est. 2016)
- Bedrock is a powerful static site generator to create advanced HTML prototypes.
- Your friendly guide to Japan – やさしい日本ガイド
- After travelling to Japan I decided to write a bit about Japan. This is a very unfinished guide as one can’t possibly cover the whole of Japan in a travel guide without making it a full-time job. However, I am keeping it online as some people find it useful.
- Clank (offline)
- Clank was a UI framework focussed on HTML/CSS components for mobile apps.
- Wolf’s Little Store (version 5) (offline)
- The 5th and final iteration of the Wolf’s Little Store website. Xavier joins as partner.
- CS50 (offline)
- Raving about an online course to learn Computer Science. My interest did not last very long but I did learn some basic C.
- Wolf’s Little Store (version 4) (offline)
- The fourth iteration, focussing on interface design for applications.
- Designing better user interfaces
- A presentation on the usability of common interface elements e.g. select boxes, maps and lightboxes.
- Johan Ronsse Photography
- A brief stint as a photographer. I realized I didn’t want to start at the bottom of the ladder as a photographer while UI design was my true love. However, I’m glad that I have the skills I learned. Reviewed various mirrorless cameras in the process.
- Designing for iOS
- I started to become interested in application design for touch screens. This presentation details the design process of ConcertWall, an app to find the best concerts in your area.
- Design for Developers
- A presentation to grasp the basics of design for developers. Somehow this got more than 150 000 views on Slideshare which led to me making more presentations.
- Guide to New York City (offline)
- Some tips on visiting New York. Some of this might be horribly outdated so YMMV.
- Wolf’s Little Store (version 3) (offline)
- Wolf’s Little Store is now an official company. This version of the portfolio features various kinds of work while I was figuring out my direction as a newborn freelancer.
- 2009: A Year in Review (offline)
- A follow-up of 2008’s editorial design experiment.
- Wolf’s Little Store – Version 2 (offline)
- The 2nd iteration of the website, this time in Dutch. With more experiments in editorial design and per-article layouts.
- 2008: A Year in Review (offline)
- A first real editorial design experiment.
- Catalog of Visual Interestingness (offline)
- A blog with found images. Before Tumblr image blogs were cool.
- Wolf’s Little Store – Version 1 (offline)
- While working for my first agency job I wrote about web design. At the time I was obsessed with learning how to work productively with the myriad of tools you need to make websites, so this is mostly about that.