Now that Svelte Society Day happened there is a lot of talk about improving the community around Svelte.
Efforts have been made in the past, with the biggest one being Svelte Community by swyx.
I feel that now we have improve upon these efforts, but also connect these efforts to the “official channels” in a good manner.
The current Svelte website contains some excellent parts:
- The REPL which is used and loved
- The interactive tutorial which remains the awesomest way to learn Svelte
- The API docs which are pretty complete and accurate
There’s also some less excellent things:
- A blog where nothing has been posted for a year, and where the only author is Rich
- An FAQ menu item, that links out to Github, to a FAQ that is kind of out of date
- No connection to community efforts
- A homepage that needs some housekeeping, particularly the section with company logos and contributors which is bursting at the seams
For anyone who is interested in contributing to this, I encourage you to read the topics that Kev has posted on svelte-society/site .